For the last 3.5 years, we've made a name for ourselves as the one of the only 18 and older axe throwing facilities. We've been honored to be a place for just adults, but starting next weekend on Saturday, September 9th, we get to change things up and welcome kids 8 and older for some weekend throwing! Don't worry adults, we've got your back: we'll still be 18+ on the weekdays, and 18+ on Saturday nights after 6:00pm!
Safety is always our top priority, so there will be plenty of safety protocols in place to ensure your children and everyone else in your party is absolutely safe at all times, but make sure you're there to help enforce rules.
Here’s the scoop!
Everything You Need to Know About Kids Axe Throwing Sessions
First, the skinny on all the particulars.
- 3 kids max, per one adult. For example, 4 children in your party would mean you need at least 2 adults. If math isn’t your thing and that sample equation seemed like a bit much, don’t you worry. Our website will walk you through your choices to ensure you have the right ratio.
- Adults MUST stay with their kids 100% of the time. If you don’t have any extra adults, then you can’t wander away to the restroom or up front for a drink while your children continue to hurl axes at our targets.
- Saturday and Sunday options. Kids can throw on Saturdays until 6:00 pm and all day Sundays! After 6:00 pm on Saturdays is adults only, no exceptions. (As it should be, quite frankly.)
- Zero tolerance for rule-breaking. If your children, angels though they may be 99.9% of the time, are disrespectful towards our staff or fail to follow our rules, your session will end immediately. Treat us like the shooting range. No horseplay. No refunds. No exceptions.
- All children in your party must be 8 or older. Kids under 8 can still be there, but they won't be able to throw, and will still need a waiver.
- Kids waivers. All kids need to have waivers PRIOR to the start time of the reservation to be able to throw.
Even More Info
I know. You’re already exhausted from reading the requirements. But this section is full of more fun information.
I promise it’s worth your time.
- Birthday party packages. You can now book birthday party packages for kids with a maximum of 12 kids (with 3 adults present).
- Prices will be more affordable for reservations. Said another way, you really want to book in advance—and be sure to indicate that you have children in your party when booking. Keep in mind, too, that your group must be done before 6:00 pm on Saturday nights if you’re bringing your kids.
- Coming soon: family memberships! Packages will include adults and kids, and we'll still have our adults only membership options.
- Blacklight hours on Sundays. Sundays we will do blacklight hours for the kids after adult league is over, so kids can have Glow Throw experience too!
- Kids' League soon to start on Sundays. As of 2024, we'll be able to start a kids league, and parents will be able to participate too!
When Does This Start?
Our first weekend with kids throwing options will be September 9th and 10th! So you don’t even have to wait very long to get in on the fun.
~Vex, Cascadia's resident word nerd
A Note From The Owner:
Our inboxes have been filled with requests over the years asking when we'll be allowing kids. For years we said no. This hasn't been an easy decision for us, but it definitely has been hard to ignore! So we hear you! And we're honored to change things up and evolve. We still want to provide adults a place to play, away from kids, so we will be upholding "adults only" hours all day Monday through Friday and after 6:00pm on Saturdays. That means that Thursday league will be adults only, and Sunday league will have an option for kids' leagues! Bear with us in this transition though, it's gonna take us a little time to get our footing. So stay tuned for updates!
Looking forward to this new chapter,